Comprehensive Franchise Training Program
Don’t have any shipping or packaging experience? Not to worry. Our comprehensive training programs will give you and your staff all of the knowledge and skills required to operate a Navis franchise. Our training program is one of the most comprehensive in the franchise market because we’re dedicated to your success.
Our standard training program is 3 weeks: one week of pre-operational coursework and tasks related to sales and marketing at either the Denver Logistics Center or the Home Office in San Diego, a one-week session at a certified Navis Pack & Ship selected by us, and a third and final week usually at our Denver Logistics Center. Initial training may be done from 0 to 8 months before the projected opening of a phyiscal warehouse for your commercial center. Subject to the availability of our personnel, we will also provide you on-site initial training at your commercial center for up to 5 days for new franchisees and 1 day for transfers of existing franchisees, at no charge to you.
Pre-Operational Training (Week 1):
- Planning and pre-operational training begins with being matched with an operations and a sales support mentor. These two people stick with you, not just through the training program, but also as you launch your business.
- Intensive sales and marketing training begins including understanding the business model and preparations for business development.
- Learning the back office system of ABConnect, you’ll be trained on how to quote, book, and bill jobs using our proprietary software.
- Facility leasing and build out: We help you understand lease agreements and build-out options as you begin to identify location options.
In-Warehouse Training (Week 2) Includes:
- Navis standards and operations, how to navigate in the transportation industry, and how to run a successful small business.
- ABConnect. Build on what you learned in Phase One: Streamline estimating, booking and invoicing jobs as well as managing customer relationships and communicating with the Navis network.
- Small business financial management, basics of warehouse operations, sales and marketing strategies and effective sales techniques.
- Hands-on experience seeing how a successful warehouse operates, how to operate profitably and how to close sales calls.
Administration Training (Week 3):
You’ll spend the final week reviewing your in-warehouse training to reinforce your understanding of Operational Procedures, Transaportation Management, and Insurance programs.
When you are ready to open, an operations specialist will visit your site to ensure that you have met all the operational criteria needed to successfully open your doors. Once you have been certified, your customized website will go live and you’ll be ready to do business!
Ongoing Franchise Support Services
After your doors are open, your Navis team will still be here for you! Depending on our staff's availability, we will provide, at no cost to you, follow-up, initial site training of 5 days for new franchised locations or 1 day for transfers of existing franchised locations. If you would like additional training, there are additional on-site resources available on a fee-per-day basis. In addition, there are other ongoing support programs at no additional charges which we strongly encourage you to utilize for you and your staff, including the following:
Revenue Enhancement Program (REP)
This program helps your sales team identify the best vertical markets and communicate with each one using time-tested strategies for success. During your first year of business, you’ll participate in weekly conference calls that are facilitated by Navis sales experts where you’ll learn how to find new customers and sell your services. It’s so helpful that many franchisees continue to participate for years!
Live Help Desk Hotline
Call our Help Desk Hotline and get immediate answers to questions about operations, transportation, marketing, declared value coverage, accounting and more. You can get packing advice and authorizations for high-value shipments, or bring issues to the attention of the support team.