Comprehensive Franchise Training Program
Don’t have any shipping or packaging experience? Not to worry. Our comprehensive training programs will give you and your staff all of the knowledge and skills required to operate a Navis franchise. Our training program is one of the most comprehensive in the franchise market because we’re dedicated to your success.
Our standard initial training program is 2 weeks: one week typically of classroom training related to sales and marketing at either the Denver Logistics Center ("DLC") or an Annex Brands' certified training center; and a second week of warehouse training at either the DLC or a certified training center. Initial training may be done from 0 to 8 months before the projected opening of a physical warehouse for your commercial center. Subject to the availability of our personnel, we will also provide you on-site initial training at your commercial center for up to 4 days for new franchisees and 1 day for transfers of existing franchisees, at no charge to you.
Classroom Training (Week 1):
- Start your journey with being matched with an operations and a sales support mentor. These two people stick with you, not just through the training program, but also as you launch your business.
- Receive training in sales and marketing including the digital marketing support from the Marketing department. You'll also be trained how to approach targeted businesses using our coaching-based system and materials
- Learn the back-office system of ABConnect, our proprietary shipping software. You’ll be trained how to quote, book, and bill jobs.
- Understand the nuances facility leasing and build-out. We'll walk you through how to understand your proposed lease agreement and show you build-out options as you begin to identify location options if you don't already have one.
In-Warehouse Training (Week 2) Includes:
- Learn the Navis standards and operations, transportation and insurance management, and how to use the equipment in your warehouse.
- Become confident with ABConnect. Build on what you learned in Week 1: Streamline estimating, booking and invoicing jobs as well as managing customer relationships and communicating with the Navis network.
- Learn how to build custom crates and cartons and how to pack items for transit, free of damage claims.
- Participate in small business financial management, basics of warehouse operations, digital marketing strategies, and effective sales techniques.
On-Site Training 1-4 days):
You’ll meet your trainer at your new warehouse and become certified in the use of your specific equipment and executing the tasks in the operation of your own Navis Pack & Ship franchise.
Ongoing Franchise Support Services
After your doors are open, your Navis team will still be there for you! If you would like additional training or would like new employees to be trained, there are additional resources, both on a free or fee-basis, depending on location and time. The Marketing team will provide ongoing Internet support, always available to answer your questions. In addition, there are other ongoing programs at no additional charge which we strongly encourage you to utilize for you and your staff, including:
Revenue Enhancement Program (REP)
This program helps your sales team identify the best vertical markets and communicate with each one using time-tested strategies. Designed as a coaching and feedback program, for several weeks you’ll participate in weekly conference calls that are facilitated by Navis sales experts where you’ll learn how to find new customers and solve their shipping problems.
Live Help Desk Hotline
Call our Help Desk Hotline and get fast answers to questions about operations, transportation, marketing, declared value coverage, accounting and more. You can get packing advice and authorizations for high-value shipments, or bring issues to the attention of the support team.